Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Dog Is An Alcoholic

So, our Dane has post traumatic stress disorder from his horrific treatment before he came to us (No! Wait! The post gets funny, don't click away, I swear this is great).

So after many failed training attempts because of his fear and triggers, the vet agreed that a temporary medication could be helpful in minimizing his fear, while letting him learn with our new C.E.T. dog trainer.

We did it. (Go ahead, I'll wait while you judge me. S'ok.)

Yes, my dog is being treated for anxiety. He has clearly spent too much time around me.


We are now discovering that this is seriously going to curb Schultz' (not Schiltz) hard partying ways, and his weekend social pub crawls. Take a closer look:

Good thing they warned us!!!


Sorry my little (huge) furry buddy, looks like mommy won't be making you any more martinis any time soon.

It's for the best.

Damn, this tough love is so hard.

_______

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. This MIGHT actually be a problem for my dog. She does like stealing the empty beer bottles and cleaning them out. We need to get her into AA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! I guess he shouldn't drive either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be one pissed of dog during happy hour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clomipramine??? I didnt know they gave that to dogs....Thats an old school antidepressant with some interesting side effects. You can rest assured he will get over obsessing about stuff, will not use cocaine (much), will exude confidence and wont *ahem* suffer from PED (premature ejaculatory disorder), so he will be a relaxed pooch that will stay off the drugs, quit worrying about shit and will be able to go the distance with any bitch he decides to hook up with.
    You better hide the likker though haha....
    My dog was given tranks to help calm his nerves after he was in a car crash...he walked away physically unscathed but was a mental wreck every time he saw a car. No he was not driving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this doesn't mean you'll be drinking alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to go to a real pharmacy? Or was it just for those particular meds?

    I'll take his martini, though. I swears I'm not on any meds. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little pissed that your dog is getting better drugs than I am.

    I went to the dr for anxiety and do you know what she said? DO YOU?

    She said, "Try getting more exercise."

    Really???? REALLYYYYYYYYYYY???? Exercise or Xanax? Yeah... THAT's a toss-up.

    ReplyDelete

I get far too excited when new comments come in here...