Friday, November 2, 2012

Record Breaking

Now that I have your attention...

I feel like I should be posting more often, but my heart is just not in it.

Surprisingly, I shattered my page view statistics in the month of October even though I've been a slacker. I wondered why the display had changed when I viewed my stats, and I realized it was because I had surpassed 10,000 views last month. One month.

10,000.

Those stats are almost as big as this rhino. At least, in my mind anyway. FYI: In Kenya they don't seem too concerned about that thing called "liability" or "litigation" and "deadly injuries".


First of all, that 10,000 should maybe be spelled out in words, and probably shouldn't have a period at the end of it. You know, not actually being a sentence and all.

Also? That number is probably squat to most people, but I am pretty damn impressed.

I know there are lots of lurkers that read the blog (why? I have no clue, but I'll take it), and lots of misguided souls who come here via some disgusting search terms that make me shudder/lose sleep. And then there's the bajillion or so who come because they are searching for SkinnyGirl Sangria reviews. They really seem to plump up the numbers.

But it sort of blows me away that stupid images I can post on my blog, from my computer, can somehow show up in the top images in Google Image search. Of all the blogs, in all the cities, and Google walks into mine.

Or something.

I don't know. It's just pretty cool.

I started this ranting space because I found Ally Brosh so damn funny. I was bored, alone, and decided I would bitch and publish it. That was just over 2 years ago.

I haven't done anything meaningful with it. I am not terribly intelligent. Obviously. I can usually get my point across (with the unnecessary use of profanity in most cases, though I try to underscore f_ck as much as possible these days), but there is nothing special here.

So thanks to all of you who take the time to read. To skim. To care enough to peel the skin back from my face and peek into my twisted and tormented brain. Ew.

Like this, but with less skull in the way.


To those of you who stop and take the time to comment and let me know that the page is actually being viewed.

Thanks to you who know me in real life and lurk along, knowing how crazy I am, and hearing my voice tell the story. And thanks for not judging me (at least to my face) for the crazy in my mind.

I hope my mood picks up. I hope my apathy goes away. I hope some of the homesickness goes away. I hope people start responding to emails and texts from me in their real lives. I moved away, but I am lonely as hell and not dead.

I hope to be funny again, and to write more, and to keep people interested in whatever this is I am living. There are more stories to tell, more crazy things happening.

And I STILL haven't finished the honeymoon story OR the cross country story.
Perhaps I'll work on those next.

Thanks everyone.

________
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Good thing you're not working on that write a novel in a month thing. But I guess it's important to get settled down in a new home. Better yet, to get the dogs settled down. And figure out where the nearest store for wine is. First things first, after all.

    I think my blogger stats are messed up. And the Sitemeter ones too. The first is too high, and the second is smaller than I know it should be. So I don't know what anyone is counting anymore. Except the cat that counts mouthfuls, and there are never enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all go through times of lack of inspiration, but eventually the blog mojo comes back. And we shall be here when it does. And I know I would LOVE to hear the rest of the Honeymoon story. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the big time, to me... I am getting close to 20,000. Total hits. In two and a half years.

    Stil, I can't complain. No one's threatened to kill me (yet) or fire me (yet) because of my blog.

    And you need to stop saying mean things about your blog. Your stuff is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just *heart* when you post, and some of your posts definitely have "change the world" potential, so don't knock it! You got mad skills, lady! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always make sure to read and comment. Don't worry about taking a break. Sometimes you need to put the blog on the shelf and come back later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I just found you, so I don't even know if I can be counted as a lurker yet, but good job on the page views. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will keep right on lurking. I love what you write and am happy to know that I havent actually missed the end of the honeymoon story.

    We all have down times. Take a break if you need. We will be here when you get back

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I get far too excited when new comments come in here...