Friday, October 9, 2015

We Will Miss You Trevso_electric.

I'm not sure why this is hitting me so hard.

I never met Trevor Schlingheyde, and I didn't even know his last name until 4 days ago when I was trying to determine if the Instagram and Twitter comedian had really and truly passed away.

I can't find any solid answers beyond condolences from other celebrity comedians, and notes from his real life friends on his Instagram feed.

Who is Trevor? Trevso_electric?

I don't really know. I just always laughed at the shit this guy posted.

In a series of hilariously, painfully true posts, I realized that many North American girls can be summed up with the following hashtags:
#blessed
#MichaelKors
#Starbucks
#Latte
#literallydying
#uggs
#lulu

That's it. And it's pretty true. Some namastes, yoga and wine references, and it is a sad, beautiful and picture perfect synopsis of how a lot of us are operating.

I laughed at his shit. A lot.

And then I read that he died. And I still don't believe it.
He was a source of light laughter. He was silly and funny, and I always knew I would laugh whenever I could stop and scroll before bed. I looked forward to it.



And I just don't know what happened. And I can't tell him all of that. I never left a comment, never even thought about it. And I just feel sick that he's gone. I feel awful for his friends and family. His dogs. I'm quite certain he was a pitbull owner, and knew how sweet and wonderful those dogs are. A friend of the breed. I liked that. 

And there will be no more.

You were a gem, man. You will be missed.


___________________________________
Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. This is why you need to tell people you love them while they're still alive to hear it.
    It's why you send, if you can, an email or leave a comment in response to a work that you love, telling the artist how you felt. They might never get to read it, but you know you sent it. And one bit of nice feedback can make a person's week. I'm so old, and male, that I didn't recognize the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Keith. Things can change so fast. It's easy to forget. This guy will be missed.

      Delete
    2. I am deeply moved by all the outpouring of love and support from my sons fans and friends. Many people wonder what happened. He died in his sleep and we were assured that his death was not intentional. He had found a very special love and spoke about her in terms of a future together (she is crushed). He was getting interest from a number of places to collaborate with him on various projects. He got straight A's for his degree in Social Work and passed his license exam first try. His growing following made us proud that the world was catching on to what we as parents had known for a long time. He was one funny and special kid. Social media gives us things to look back on that make us laugh and cry, sometimes both at once. Yes this guy will be missed. Trevsos_Dad

      Delete
    3. Hi @Trevsos_Dad,

      I never thought I would make contact with Trev's family. Not sure if you will see this, but I am truly, deeply sorry for your loss. I try to keep things funny on here, but I really do feel horrible. I can't imagine the loss you're enduring. I can't imagine a parent losing their child. I can imagine the emptiness is overwhelming.

      He made so many people laugh. SO MANY. My sister and I will mention him to each other. We're curious what kinds of hilarious things he'd have to say over Starbucks #cupgate2015. He was silly and talented. Skilled and observant. It's so sad. He had so much ahead of him.

      Sending thoughts and love to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. What happened to him??? There is zero news about it, but like we know when and how lots of actors and celebrities die. It's killing me I need to know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no answers, but I did see someone say that he did not take his own life. I don't know the story, but I hope it was quick and painless. His family and friends must be hurting so badly.

      Delete
    2. pills and alcohol :-(

      Delete
    3. @Anonymous - I have no idea if that's correct. I just feel so sad that he is gone. It would be that much worse if it was preventable. :(

      Delete
  3. This is such a nice tribute! Trevor was one of my close personal friends, and it has been so comforting to read such kind and thoughtful tributes to him from people all over the world. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morgan. I'm so sorry you've lost him. I can only imagine what a funny nut he must have been to hang out with. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I thought about him today with all the fuss about the red Starbucks Christmas cups, I wonder what he would have said

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever it was it would have been perfect

      Delete
  5. I'm deeply saddened to hear about Trevor's passing. I was only a fan, but he truly made my days happier with lots of poignant jokes and realizations. He just seemed to be super in touch with the world and could easily pinpoint BS when he saw it. I hope his family finds solace knowing he brought a ton of laughter and happiness to many people. Thank you Trevor, you'll be seriously missed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trevor, you're missed and your account was hilarious. Miss your humor. Rest easy.

    ReplyDelete

I get far too excited when new comments come in here...